Are you looking to improve your marketing skills? If so, you’re in luck! There are lots of free online marketing courses available that can help you learn new techniques and strategies. In this blog post, we will list some of the best free online marketing courses available.
How can online courses help you?
One of the benefits of taking online marketing courses is that they can be very flexible. You can usually take them at your own pace and fit them into your schedule. Studies from the National Centre for Education Statistics demonstrates that 58% of employees prefer to learn at their own pace and in their homes’ comfort. This is especially beneficial if you have a busy lifestyle or if you need to take a course on a specific topic.
Another benefit of online marketing courses is that they can be very comprehensive. They often cover a wide range of topics, which can give you a well-rounded understanding of the subject matter. Additionally, many of these courses are taught by experienced marketing professionals, so you can be sure that you’re getting quality information.
Also, if you work within this industry or you are looking to pursue a career in marketing then online marketing courses are perfect for you. When being interviewed for a marketing position, you will be able to state that you have studied different online courses which shows initiative and a keen interest in the craft.
Finally, online marketing courses can vary in price but many are very affordable. This makes them a great option if you’re on a tight budget. You don’t need to spend thousands of pounds in order to learn about a topic or to impress future employers. Free courses are just as good as any other.
So what are you waiting for? Check out some of the best free online marketing courses today! You might just be surprised at how much you can learn.
Put your credit card down and check out these free courses
🔔Bonus! Before you scroll any further, I’m inviting you to enjoy a FREE month on Skillshare! Click this exclusive link to access.
Digital Marketing Courses
Digital marketing is the use of the internet, mobile devices, social media, search engines, and other channels to reach consumers. It includes a wide range of activities such as SEO, content marketing, email marketing, and more. You may be wondering why it is important? Digital marketing is important because it allows businesses to reach a wider audience more easily and cheaply than traditional marketing methods. Additionally, digital marketing is a very effective way to build relationships with customers and create a brand identity.
- Free Digital Marketing Basics Course by Udemy
- Digital Marketing 101 by Simplilearn
- Introduction to Digital Marketing by Great Learning
- Digital Marketing Specialization by Coursera
Social Media Marketing Courses
Social media marketing is the process of using social media platforms to promote a product or service. It can be used to generate leads, build brand awareness, or increase sales. Hootsuite shared that 4.62 billion people and counting across the world use social media, so it may be a good thing to brush up on. When taking a social media marketing course you will learn how to effectively use social media to reach your target audience, gain insights into what customers are looking for, and build relationships with customers.
- Social media marketing course: get certified in social media strategy by HubSpot academy.
- Social media marketing (short course) by Oxford Home Study.
- Online advertising & social media by edx.org
- Social Media Marketing Specialization by Coursera
- Free Social Media Analytics Course by Quintly Academy
Email Marketing Courses
Email marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses email to promote a product or service. The graph below by Statista represents the number of sent or received emails per day worldwide between 2017 – 2025.
Benefits of taking an email marketing course include learning how to effectively use email to reach your target audience, create relationships with your ideal audience, promote products or services, automate emails and so much more.
- Email Marketing Course: Get Certified in Email Marketing by HubSpot Academy.
- Email and Newsletter Marketing Foundations by LinkedIn Learning
- Email Marketing Made Easy For Beginners by Udemy
- Connect through email by Google Digital Garage
SEO Marketing Course
SEO marketing is the process of using search engine optimization techniques to improve a website’s ranking in search engine results pages. It can be used to increase traffic, leads, and sales. Some of the benefits of taking an SEO marketing course include learning how to effectively use SEO to reach your target audience, improve your visibility in search engines, and increase your organic traffic.
- Welcome to SEO Unlocked by Neil Patel
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by DigiSkills
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialization by Coursera
- On-Page and Technical SEO Course by Semrush
- SEO Training and Tutorials by LinkedIn Learning
Content Marketing Courses
Content marketing is another important aspect of digital marketing. It involves creating and sharing content that is relevant to your target audience. Some beneficial factors of using content marketing in a business is that it helps increase sales, saves costs and generates a loyal customer base.
- Everything Content Marketing Related by Quick Sprout
- Content Marketing Course and Certification by eMarketing Institute
- Content Marketing Course: Get Certified in Content Marketing by HubSpot Academy.
- Content Marketing Basics by Great Learning
Advertising Marketing Courses
Advertising marketing is the process of using advertising to promote a product or service. Some of the benefits of taking an advertising marketing course include learning how to effectively use advertising as well as pay per click, outdoor advertising using billboards, ads and many more.
- The Complete Online Marketing And Advertising Course – Updated by Alison
- Digital Advertising Training Course: Learn What Digital Advertising Is and How to Do It by HubSpot
- Advertising Toolkit Course by Semrush
- PPC University by WordStream
Where can you search for more marketing courses?
Free online marketing courses can be found all over the internet.
Some of the best places to find these courses are on places such as:
- Coursera which is “Coursera is the global online learning platform that offers anyone, anywhere access to online courses and degrees from world-class universities and companies.” They have courses that teach subjects such as Arts and Humanities, Business, Computer Science, Data Science, Health, Personal Development, Language Learning and so much more.
- Udemy “Udemy is an online learning and teaching marketplace with over 185000 courses and 49 million students. Learn programming, marketing, data science and more.” Statistics on Guru 99. Show that “Udemy, one of the most popular online learning platforms, has more than 20,000 experts, with about 12 million students taking a course.” Their platform includes courses ranging from Business, Finance and Accounting, Marketing, Photography and Video, Music and many more.
- Skillshare. “Skillshare is an online learning platform with thousands of creative courses and classes taught by experts to help you learn new skills.” Their courses include Literature, Design, Illustration, Marketing, etc. I have a course on Skillshare on Influencer Marketing, you can check it out here.
- Hubspot Academy. “HubSpot Academy is the worldwide leader in inbound marketing, sales, and customer service/support training.” Courses on this platform are Marketing, Sales, Service, Web Design, Web Development, Data Privacy.
These are generally the platforms people tend to use but check out others that we have listed such as Alison or LinkedIn Learning.
Online courses are the same as attaining the education physically but through the online world you get to learn at your own pace as well as in the comfort of your own home. Courses can vary in structure which include:
- Interactive videos: Interactive video is a type of video that allows viewers to interact with the content. It can be used to create engaging and interactive experiences for viewers such as clicking, dragging, speaking and so much more.
- Presentations: Teachers and trainers will make a course using PowerPoint or any other tool to put their teaching into slides. They can consist of text, charts, diagrams, images, links, videos, and so much more.
- Teaching live: The online course you enrol in may run live, meaning there may be set days and times where you have to log on and watch the teacher do live training. It can also be both, where there may be a written form of the course as well as weekly live training that gives it a more interactive feel.
- Assessments: Within your course you may also find that there are written or verbal tests depending on the course that are often often-book assessments.
I’m sure we can all agree that furthering our education is never a bad thing. Attaining knowledge, certifications and skills will always be beneficial. The courses listed above are perfect for those wanting to attain a certificate in a particular field in marketing or for those who are simply curious about the topic.
Featured image by Thought Catalog on Unsplash
Want to learn new creative and marketing skills with me? Check out upcoming courses on topics like SEO, content marketing, copywriting and podcasting.
Did You Enjoy This?
You might like my weekly newsletter. I write about the most interesting things I've found or learned this week to help my readers stay on top of trends in technology and media.